Tuesday, December 01, 2009

SITEX 2009

I'm getting real lazy to blog nowadays..
But i still want to keep this blog going..

Well, 4 days of tiring SITEX Show 2009 is over.
It's tiring because i had to stand for the full 4 days (sometimes i leaned/half-sat on cartons when there's no customer..)
Other than that, it's actually an easy job.
All i had to do was to ask customers if they are interested to upgrade their warranty from the default 1 year to either 2 or 3 years after they have made their purchase of desktops/laptops.
The pay is reasonable with such simple job scope but the commission is pathetic.
Oh, by the way, the brand i'm working for is Lenovo at Newstead (reseller) booth.
The show lets me realise how well or rather decent a pay i got from working at Edifier for the last shows. xD
I thought the money earned by working as laptop promoters are easy but this show proves me wrong.
The promoters at my booth are fighting for sales because their basic is really low.
Furthermore, i would say only a few really know how to sell. Others are just luck that maybe the customers just want to buy that model or they have little IT knowledge themselves.

Suddenly i feel so old.. cuz the promoters there are mostly in their teens!
Felt wierd working on the first day because they literally treated me as transparent. Esp the I/C. I tried to introduce myself to the promoters and asked them to help me promote warranty to their customers if they are buying. Kind of wierd introducing.. but ya, made friends eventually.. But only really chatted with Hulk (guy who is in-charge of upgrading RAM) and Spiderman (boy who is assistant cashier). haha.. They named themselves that because i introduced myself as Doraemon. xD
We are more of the Zuo Bo ppl.. so we just literally chatted during the 4 days and only doing work if necessary.. xD
There once when Hulk and me are talking about pretty and handsome promoters.. Realised there's one pretty boy (promoter) who looks like Gary Cao.. cute.. haha. =x

and finally the Show is over pretty fast.. but still need to wait for another 1 mth for the pay! SloooooowwPoke! xP

Went for another interview today.. It's just a 1 day job at shenton way there..
Doing some lucky draw job for some Beauty and Wellness company and the aim of this project is to help them collect as many contacts.. Pretty easy!

Another good paying job awaiting. But not sure if it's easy..

Btw, i finally bought my Baby-G watch today! A pink one..
Thanks YL and Ol for ur company and opinions.
and Wow it costs me $150.
More than half of my SITEX Job pay.. =/

Miss bf!

No comments: